Wednesday, December 8, 2010

What I learned

This class was very helpful to me to learn different types of arguments ad how to approach them. Critical thinking has more in depth about what there is in it. What I thought was most interesting to me was the different types of fallacies to use in an in direct way or not. I did not know how to tell a good argument to a bad one without the help of fallacies. Since they range from Drawing the line - the Strawman, reading the different types will help me define a statement if it is true or false. Another theory I will use is repairing an argument because I put random words that make a statement to be plausible. By adding more depth like so, this, for, given that, theses words can improve my argument to make it more valid. Overall I have learned so much in this class that will help me in life now. 

1 comment:

  1. MCN831,
    I too feel that the things that I have learned in this class will help me out in life. Before this class, I was not aware of how in depth many of these concepts went. I feel that having a better understanding of the material that we learned in class will give us a better understand of how to effectively communicate as well as argue. I will definitely use these concepts in other classes. These concepts help you get your message across because it deters you from having any ambiguity in your language that prevents you from effectively being able to communicate. Good job this semester!

    ReplyDelete